Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Letter Aa- Song and finger-plays

Aa is for alligator


A few years ago I found this alligator bath sponge on clearance at target. What a FIND. I use it with my Five little monkeys mitt story.


Five little monkeys  
(5 fingers held over other arm (4 for next verse, etc))
Sitting in a tree

Teasing Mr. Alligator,  
(teasing faces, hands up to face like moose antlers or one hand in front of nose)
"You can't catch me."

Along came Mr. Alligator ,
(finger up to mouth like SHHHH)
Quiet as can be
SNAP
(Both hands clap together like a alligator  mouth)

Four little monkeys
Sitting in a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator,
"You can't catch me."
Along came Mr. Alligator ,
Quiet as can be
SNAP

Three little monkeys
Sitting in a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator ,
"You can't catch me."
Along came Mr. Alligator ,
Quiet as can be
SNAP

Two little monkeys
Sitting in a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator ,
"You can't catch me."
Along came Mr. Alligator ,
Quiet as can be
SNAP

One little monkey
Sitting in a tree
Teasing Mr. Alligator ,
"You can't catch me."
Along came Mr. Alligator ,
Quiet as can be
SNAP

No more little monkeys
Sitting in a tree


Aa is for Apple

5 juicy apples hanging on a tree
5 juicy  apples they look so good to me so I shake that tree and one falls down to the ground now there's 4 large apples juicy and round 1,2,3,4
juicy apples hanging on a tree
juicy apples they look so good to me so I shake that tree and one falls down to the ground now there's 3 large apples juicy and round 1,2,3
continue till there are no more apple
(in a sad voice)
no more apples hanging on the tree
to morw apples I shook them all you see 
(in a happy voice)
now I'll take those apples,  turn them into a pie
now I'll share with my friends
all 1,2,3,4,5
yum yum yum yum yum 
Sony by Tammy Ziegler


Place a felt tree and five felt apples on the felt board. Tell the story and pretend to shake the tree and choose one child to pick an apple off the tree. 


( for the Bumbles this early in the ear I pull the apple off myself. We are still working on taking turns so I focus on it in other areas before I do it at circle time.

Ants: So for our Ant theme we I laminated ant antennas for my bumble to wear as they marched around the class and through the "grass"


No comments:

Post a Comment