Thursday, August 17, 2017

Dinosaur theme- Songs and Fingerplays

I love music in the classroom, I think it's the best way for any little to learn. Here is a collection of songs I have sung in the classroom the the Kids love from 2's to Pre-k the kids love it. 

Baby Dinosaur.
I cannot find this anywhere and not sure where it came from but when I get a moments I will record it so you will get the tune. Here are the lyrics

Here comes baby dinosaur.     (pat knees)
Earth shakes, earth shake.       (Shake hands)
Listen to the sound he makes.  ( pat knees)
Roar.                                         (Put your hands up like claws and roar in a tiny baby voice)

Here comes Mommy dinosaur.     (pat knees)
Earth shakes, earth shake.       (Shake hands)
Listen to the sound She makes.  ( pat knees)
Roar.                                         (Put your hands up like claws and roar in a pretty Mommy voice)

Here comes Daddy dinosaur.     (pat knees)
Earth shakes, earth shake.       (Shake hands)
Listen to the sound he makes.  ( pat knees)
Roar.                                         (Put your hands up like claws and roar in a Loud Daddy voice)


5 Dinosaurs
This one I got from  kidssoup.com

- Sung to five little ducks one little Dino went out to play out in a muddy swamp one day he had such enormous fun he called for another dinosaur to come to little dinos…Three little dinos… For a little dinos… Five little dinos went out to play out on the muddy swamp one day there mama called calm down that path it's time for you to take a bubble bath 

These are getting a bit worn but I made them a few years ago and I sing to the tune of brown bear brown bear by Raffi

Red Dino red Dino what do you see
I see a yellow Dino looking at me
Yellow Dino yellow  Dino what do you see
I see a orange Dino looking at me
Orange Dino orange Dino what do you see
I see a green Dino looking at me
Green  Dino green Dino what do you see
I see a blue Dino looking at me
Blue Dino blue Dino what do you see
I see a purple Dino looking at me
Purple  Dino purple  Dino what do you see
I see a black  Dino looking at me
Black Dino black  Dino what do you see
I see a brown Dino looking at me
Brown Dino brown Dino what do you see
I see a white Dino looking at me
White Dino white Dino what do you see
I see all the Bumblebees that's what I see
( my class name is the Bumblebees)

Monkey Mitts are a great investment if you have littles. You can by pre-made stories or make your own. You can also add to the stories you buy.

After we sing the rhyme that came with the dinosaur mitt I sing this song
Sung to 10 little Indians 

Zero little one little two little dinosaurs three little four little five little dinosaurs five little dinosaurs count them with me 1,2,3,4,5

Five little four little three little dinosaurs two little one little zero little dinosaurs oh no all my dinosaurs am missing call them to come back to me 
Come back little dinosaurs.

1,2,3,4,5

By: Tammy Ziegler.

At the end of each circle time before going to the next area we play We are the Dinosaurs by Laurie Berkner and stomp around the carpet.






No comments:

Post a Comment