Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Aa is for



All By Myself- this month our theme is all about me. We will be focusing on all the amazing gifts God has giving us our families, our friends and the ability to do this all by ourselves. 

I love the vocabulary cards that came it the curriculum. After showing the bumbles at circle time and singing the song we hung the card in the bathroom to remind them to wash their hands after they go potty. Each time they wash their hands we sing the song this way they know how long to wash as well.

Sung to: "Mary had a little lamb"
I can do things by myself,
By myself, by myself
I can do this by myself.
Yes, I can (wash my hands)


Apple sensory Bin: I love this sensory Bin my director brought us. Not only is it fabulous for our theme but the bumbles just love using the tongs to match the apples to the apple trees.



Morning Centers: As the kids arrive each morning I try to have different activities out this week I have the toy match Mat to encourage putting thing where they belong and a large letter A they can trace.(now know the friends in my class are 2 and 3 and will not be writing or tracing a perfect A just just but that does not mean they don't love to try.) They are thrilled when I bring out the dry erase makers. Each week I wilI change the sheet to incorporate a new theme we are working on. I also put out  with age appropriate puzzles or playdoh.




A inspired Art

Egg carton Ants
Cut an egg carton till there are 3 humps then let the child paint it red or black. When they are finished they can add pipe cleaner antennas and Google eyes

Sun catcher apples: I cut out an apple shape and stuck it to contact paper. The class then stuck squares or tissue paper into the apples. When they are done I will add another piece of contact paper and cut a border these will look great in th window.

Adam and Eve
For Bible we did the story of the sneaky snake using the Beginners Bible we then made an apple tree using a cut out of our hand and arm, small sponges, Apple die cuts and a small piece of green pipe leaner for the snake.
A is for Ants this year we are making a Children's Dictionary. Each week we will be adding an animal that begins  with the letter of the week along with the definition. I have seen these books with the kids making the animals but because of their age I decided to have them use stickers and die-cuts  sticking them to the letter.

A is for Alligator: There are many letter inspired art on pinterest but I decided to use the Alligator. The kids loved putting the pieces together as we sand 5 little monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment