Saturday, September 26, 2015

Story Time


Every month we do Roataions where we take different classes to to a specific class. One teacher does science, cooking, exercise, music and Story Telling. I am in charge of story time. I try to make it interactive and fun, different then a story time they may have in their classroom. This month I choose the book 5 Little Pumkins by James Dean
After reading the story I re-did it via flannel board sinning to the tune of Raffies 5 Little Pumpkins.
I then picked 5 kids each giving them a pumpkin and a line in the story to say and acting out the story
These pumpkins are perfect for the kids to hold the are plastic and store great in my harvest box.

Every month we will be making a calendar to go with the story of the month. I used die cuts from the school district and let them glue on the pieces plus the words to go along with it.
Using the templates I got from https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Traceable-Blank-Monthly-Calendar-Templates-2015-2016-873652 I added in school dates to remember.
We had a few extra minute before we had to rotate back to our own classes where I played pumkin songs while the rotated between the art table, pumkin sensory box and the reading station.



No comments:

Post a Comment